January 7 & 8th at 6:30
January 9 – callbacks
The Cemetery Club
by Ivan Menchell
Three Jewish widows (Ida, Lucille, Doris) meet once a month for tea before going to visit their husbands’ graves. Sam the butcher enters the scene when he meets the widows while visiting his wife’s grave. A budding romance between Sam and Ida is squashed by Doris and Lucille. However, they are guilt-stricken when this nearly breaks Ida’s heart.
This touching and humorous romantic comedy features four women and one male, all of whom are in their late fifties or early sixties.
- IDA – is the gentlest and most charming of the three widowed friends and the one who faces life the most realistically. She is ready to move on past grief and to accept the new challenges of a new life.
- LUCILLE – is the most feisty and brazen one, always looking for a good deal, good time and always looking to “get even” with her unfaithful husband.
- DORIS – is the most conservative of the three and the one who refuses to change any element in her life. Priggish and judgmental, she adheres to her strict principles of love and respect and expects her friends to do the same.
- SAM – is the local butcher, whose dead wife he still mourns, but who realizes that life has much to offer. He is willing to take a chance on happiness again.
- MILDRED – is a show-off and a flirt.This is a smaller role, though BIG in personality.
- 7:30pm on March 8, 9, 15, 16
- 2:00pm on March 17
West Allis Central Auditorium
Directed by Erico Ortiz, Owner of Inspiration Studios